Businesses in South Somerset are able to apply for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant
Released On 6th Jan 2022
Businesses in South Somerset are able to apply for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant from today.
On 21 December 2021, Government announced the introduction of grant support for hospitality, accommodation and leisure businesses in England.
The primary principle of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme is to support businesses that offer in-person services, where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premises, in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors.
From 6 January at 10am, eligible businesses in South Somerset will be able to apply for the grant of between £2,667 and £6,000. The application process will remain open until 5pm on Monday 28 February 2022.
Our Customer Connect team are experiencing an incredibly high number of calls. If you have any queries regarding the scheme, please contact email@example.com and someone will respond as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Please note that this supersedes the ‘Hospitality Support Grant’ that the Council had planned to launch on the same date.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have been trading on 30 December 2021 to be eligible to receive funding under this scheme
- Be the current business premise ratepayer
- Offer in-person services within the required sectors
- At least 50% of business activity must be within the following sectors:
- Hospitality - For the purposes of this scheme, a hospitality business can be defined as a business whose main function is to provide a venue for the consumption and sale of food and drink.
- Leisure - For the purposes of this scheme, a leisure business can be defined as a businesses that provides opportunities, experiences and facilities, in particular for culture, recreation, entertainment, celebratory events and days and nights out.
- Accommodation - For the purposes of this scheme, an accommodation business can be defined as a business whose main lodging provision is used for holiday, travel or other purposes
How to apply
From 6 January at 10am, eligible businesses in South Somerset will be able to apply. The application process will remain open until 5pm on Monday 28 February 2022.
An online application is available on the South Somerset District Council website through the following link: https://www.southsomerset.gov.uk/omicronbusinessgrant
If you need any assistance in completing the application form, please contact the grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email South Somerset District Council’s Hospitality Support Scheme application support.