Hong Kong Cultural Day
A one day event to share with visitors a snippet of what Hong Kong culture looks like, a mixture of Chinese heritage and British colonial legacy.
Welcome anyone to join us, regardless of your cultural backgrounds.
Put together by Yeovil Art Space and friends from Hong Kong, part of Cultural Day event by Love Yeovil and Somerset Diverse Community.
- Display of a selection of 20 photographs depicting the city of Hong Kong during the transition in 1997 'Hong Kong x 24 x 365: A Year in the Life of a City' by Hong Kong based British artist, art historian David Clarke
- Selection of display of Hong Kong design products
- Demonstration and set up of entertainment of Hong Kong, such as Canto-pop Karaoke and mahjong (people can join in as they wish
- Learn written and spoken Cantonese expression
- Hong Kong snacks pop-up shop.
See you there!!!